Arriving by Air
We recommend flying into Bob Hope Airport (BUR), which is about twenty minutes from the Huntington Library, or Los Angeles International Airport (LAX), which is about forty minutes away. Be sure to arrange transportation from the airport; some options include taxi, private car services, and shuttle services (we recommend
SuperShuttle), all of which are available at both airports. The one-way rate for SuperShuttle to Pasadena from BUR is about $23, from LAX $30. Taxi from BUR will be around $60, from LAX $85. If you fly into LAX, you can take the Metro Gold Line to Pasadena for $1.50.
Directions to the Huntington
The Huntington Library
1151 Oxford Road
San Marino, CA 91108
The Huntington is located near Pasadena in the city of San Marino, twelve miles northeast of downtown Los Angeles. The Huntington has two entrance gates: at Allen Avenue, just south of California Boulevard, and on Oxford Road.
From the Westin Pasadena
The Westin Pasadena provides a complimentary shuttle that runs about every 15 minutes on a first-come-first-served basis and can drop guests at the Huntington Library upon request.
Metro Rail Gold Line
Take Metro Rail Gold Line to Allen Avenue Station. From the station, walk 1-1/2 miles south on Allen to The Huntington’s entrance gate, or transfer to Pasadena ARTS bus, which stops at Del Mar & Allen.
Metro Bus Lines
The Huntington is located in a residential area, and the nearest bus stops are approximately one mile away. Visit the Metro website for more information.
Visit the Pasadena Area Rapid Transit System (ARTS) website for schedules and stops.
Surface Streets–Pasadena Area
From Huntington Drive
Heading westbound on Huntington Drive, cross the intersection at Sierra Madre Boulevard and immediately turn right at Monterey Road. Continue bearing to the right onto Oxford Road and to the Huntington’s Oxford gate.
- Take the 110 Freeway north toward Pasadena whe
re it becomes Arroyo Parkway. Continue on Arroyo to California Boulevard.
- Turn right on California Boulevard and continue for three miles, past the Caltech campus, to Allen Avenue.
- Turn right on Allen Avenue and proceed two blocks to The Huntington’s Allen gate.
From Foothill Freeway I-#210:
- Traveling westbound and eastbound, exit at Sierra Madre Boulevard in Pasadena and head south.
- Turn right on California Boulevard; proceed to Allen Avenue.
- Turn left on Allen Avenue and proceed two blocks to The Huntington’s Allen gate.
- Alternatively, continue straight down Sierra Madre Boulevard to Euston Road and follow the signs to the Oxford gate.
From Santa Monica Freeway #10:
- From Santa Monica, LAX, or the West Side, take the 10 Freeway eastbound to the 110 Freeway north.
- Take the 110 Freeway north towards Pasadena where it ends, becoming Arroyo Parkway. Continue on Arroyo to California Boulevard.
- Turn right on California and continue for three miles, past the Caltech campus, to Allen Avenue.
- Turn right on Allen Avenue and proceed two blocks to The Huntington’s Allen gate
From San Bernardino Freeway #10:
- Exit at San Gabriel Boulevard and head north.
- Continue three miles to Huntington Drive.Turn left and take Huntington Drive for about one mile into the city of San Marino.
- Cross the intersection at Sierra Madre Boulevard and immediately turn right at Monterey Road.
- Continue bearing to the right onto Oxford Road and to the Huntington’s Oxford gate.
From other area freeways:
Refer to map for connections to the 110, 210, or 10 freeways, and follow directions above
The Pasadena Convention and Visitors Bureau has excellent information to help visitors make plans: